The time of year has (almost) come. Sergei gets out one of his favorite stories (in all of it's creepiness) we just so happen to love this version here...
and gets urgent baking ideas.
We have tried various recipes in the past, but finally with a bit of healthy tweaking found one that is worth putting in the recipe box. Phew.
Main things we love about this recipe:
* short dough chilling time
* they came out soft!
(So, once the rolling and the cookie cutting came around, the camera had to go, considering there were also 2 more toddlers involved)
But they smelled amazing baking, the outcome was wonderful, and we finally got to use this icing piper i got at an estate sale this summer. Serge took the icing job pretty seriously.
We had our eye on this guy... doesn't he look wiley?!
mmmmmmmm..... Happy almost holidays!
3/4 cup honey
- 1 stick butter softrened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk