Search This Blog

14 June 2011

Pulling weeds and picking stones, man is made of dreams and bones. Feel the need to grow my own 'cause the time is close at hand. Grain for grain, sun and rain, find my way in nature's chain, tune my body and my brain to the music from the land.




 I finally got some planting done, only a couple months later than last year.  Oops.  I'm gonna go with the: I moved at 9mos pregnant,then had family stay with us, gave birth 2 weeks early...all natural, breech... and then started watching kids again 5 weeks later- excuse.  

 Anywhooo, this year we've got a decent variety going, just a smaller scale than my last gardens.beets,spinach,lettuce and carrots in rows... pumpkins,zuc,yellow sq, and watermelon to the left...I'm thinking ill train the viney varieties down off the side of the bed...
Peas along the trellis, and in the back:scarlet runner and yellow bush beans, veronica,and some lemon cukes...tomatoes and peppers in the planters in fromt and herbs to the side.


 The first fruit of my efforts...


 Still have a few seedlings to put in. Corn and morning glories mostly. To be continued...







No comments:

Post a Comment