Search This Blog

23 January 2011

little scavengers

Apologies, as i have so far neglected to share about holiday happenings and crafty presents..
I'll get there, i hope. 


I'll just be honest here: with these week 31 pregnancy hormones a flowin,' I have attention span and energy for not much other than Serge, the kids i have in my home during the day, and food. 


I do hope to get through all of my random pictures i think i remembered to snap during my whirlwind of holiday gift making (i know i got a couple at least..)
 But, for now i'll be posting some simple sweet happenings as of late, round this here home.


Tonight, I want to quickly tell of an enormously fun trip we took around the neighborhood.
I happened to have 4 kiddos at my house, all 3 and 4 years old, and full of energy, needing somewhere to direct it.

I had been thinking about trying a nature scavenger hunt with Serge and this seemed like the perfect crew for such an adventure.  So I hopped online to get some ideas...
I think I googled "nature scavenger hunt" ..i snooped here and here and found some workable material. 

Indeed this was not planned ahead, probably could have been more cryptic or elaborate, but it sure did turn out to be a huge time killer (this is a good thing) and we all had fun.. 


So we left.  Armed with:
*lists and crayons(for crossing items off, we drew pictures and looked things up when we got home)
*a bag for collecting its n' bits of mother nature off of the ground
*a bag for litter
*4 quarters 
(and, of course)
*my beloved Canon.

We had guesses on who all of the these various sets of tracks that we found may have belonged to, ranging from our own dear O'Malley the cat,  to a kid eating bear.


winter flowers?

giant birds nests everywhere!

i swear they were having fun.. ;)

...and of course, what is a walk around our neighborhood without stopping at the cornerstore for a mustache, bouncy ball or piece of high quality jewelery.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your pregnancy! You and the little ones are brave to be out in the cold ... I'm too much of a Brazilian-blooded wimp to venture out into the cold for too long.

    xoxoox

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete