Search This Blog

06 May 2010

bookworm speaks...

 Let's preface by saying that i am a non-fiction/ spiritual/ self-help/ childrearing/ craft/gardening... book junkie.

   For reals. Ive been around the block.  I am not joking   that i have 70 books checked out of the library right now..      granted, some of those i've checked for friends and some are the kids'... but at least 1/2 if not more, are in my  bedroom bookcase (aka: stack of milk crates spray painted gold to blend in) ssshh, dont tell...

So, i've made my way through my share of parenting books.
 For inspiration, to be mindful, slow down, think about how i am reacting and what i am saying to these small in stature, but incredibly intelligent little people i interract with all day, you know?...

 and I gotta say, i keep coming back to these 2 books(which i did end up purchasing off amazon, cheap...)

Their messages are tender and positive, and make sense.  I am a huge fan. If you have kiddos in your life, i'd highly suggest you check them out.  

Also, I love love love "Everyday Blessings: the inner work of mindful parenting" by Myla and John Kabat-Zinn.
(i have it in my books to the right, think you can click it and go to a review..)
these too...

(click me<3 )

(me too!)


1 comment:

  1. Cool, I'll definitely be looking into these, thanks for the recommendations :)

    Hope you had a really wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete