Search This Blog

24 February 2010

serge's room

Yay, sharing time!
  Though his room is not quite done as far as what i've pictured, but i think it's quite darling for now, and am proud of myself to have finished all projects on my "to craft for sergee's  room" list. I am a big fan of toys that dont make alot of noise and encoursage kids to use their brains, as you can probably tell. 


I cant say that behind that dove sheet closet door there are not many other toysies hiding, i just like to cycle things as to not bore the kiddos..
I would say the room is 70% thrift
20% mama crafted and 10% gifted/purchased new .
Not bad i'd say!
(stuffed animal tree: $2.00)


Martha stewart alphabet cards $9.99 at hobby lobby
baskets in which train set, puppets and legos hide: alley score!
red velvet blocks goodwill $6pair (splurge, i know)


Wall pockets I made with idea from Amanda Soule's newest book...


Name banner and fiber garland ideas, also attributed to Amanda Soule's aformentioned ingenious craft book.


Music, and dress-up...
though theres a heck of alot more where that comes from...(a giant tub in the hall)


Science corner..


Whiteboard/felt board hanging on wall:$2.99 thrift.
Baby blanket rag rug that i just got around to finishing after more than a year of having it tangled in a closet off and on...



Birdie mobile...  in progress...
oh wellsies.


Bed:$60 (w/delivery)craigslist 
Vintage doll cradle, believe it or not, serge used to nap in this ocassionally...
Oh, my heart...



His quiet/fidget toys lined up on his windowsill for quiet time before bed.
Lacing beads,  viewmaster, shape ball...



The quilt that is spread out was JP's when he was a wee one, his mama (gramma Bobbie) made it for him.  Serge snuggles it like crazy. 
Over his bed:Baby buddha pic  that hung over his crib in our 'ol basement nursery, still hanging over his bed today. Along with a string of bay leaves for sweet dreams, and a catcher given to me years ago by a wonderful woman, Janice, a mentor of mine back in the dizzay.


To the right above the bed is a banner i made for his first b-day party. Baby animals flags cut from an old childrens book.



Yes, the dresser is my next project.

Star wars banana board on the left i splurged on $4.99 at goodwill. This is alot for me folks, but, it's an original.




Serge picked this bunny shelf out at the thrifty...$2.49 it put us back.  Usually where he hangs his cape before bed:) Cuteness.



Pictures of Daddy as a little boy, and framed photos of Sergei's friends. 
I am also in the process of filling a photo album for him of family and friends.

His Konica camera, so he can be like mama, 2 needle felted dog bones i made at his request while he was playing puppy one day...and his rolodex. 
hey, this kids got friends.



Most of these creepy dolls i had already before serge came around, i kind of have a thing for creepy vintage dolls.  Always have, always will.



6 comments:

  1. Okay... the dolls are a little creepy. I might have nightmares. ;)

    I love all your thrifty finds!!! I need to stop buying new and checking out Goodwill. I just don't think there is much in this area. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Alyssa! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this room! It's so beautifully put together, what a lucky little fella :)

    That stuffed animal tree is brilliant, we need one of those for my daughter's "animal friends".

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! thx for stopping by and showin some love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doll with the orange hair reminds me of a scary movie i was when i was a kid. I think it was called chuckey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO HAPPY to see the animal alphabet cards on the wall! I have a set, but got two Os and no S card! Since they are discontinued, I'm desperately trying to get an S (if you aren't using it) or a scanned copy ... pleasepleaseplease? It is for a son-on-the-way nursery. THANK YOU!!! kendraprints @ gmail.com (no spaces)

    ReplyDelete