Search This Blog

23 February 2010

rag rug complete! (only took a year.. ;)


 9 of sergei's old baby blankets, cut into strips,
crafted into a 90 ft braid,then coiled and sewn together.
Sounds easy, right? HA!

This was my own technique..didn't do much research, just dove right in.
In retrospect i would have done this COMPLETELY differently, in fact i think i would have just made a giant crochet hook and crocheted it instead. Of course, at thhat time i didnt know how to crochet, so that idea would have never crossed my mind.

Here is a post from my prior tumblr blog about it from last april...hehe:)
Oh well, it's done and it's imperfectly sweet.
The nicest part of this rug is that much of it is made of minky material (5 of the 9 blankets used)
so its super soft on your tootsies.
Why did i have so many baby blankets, you may ask.. 

Well, I've mentioned my insane thrifting obsession while i was preggo and nesting and out of work with a hernia.
Well, minky and vintage baby blankets were some of the many things i couldnt pass up.

Anyways, yippee for finishing projects started long ago!!!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty cool stuff, you can find more Indian Rugs from spacify

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! It made me really happy to read how you dove into making the rug w/o doing any research, because I approach almost all of my projects that way =P

    Also, I thought I was following your blog, but apparently,it never went through! I remedied that and am now officially following :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. otherwise i never start, so... what y'gonna do. yeah, i am so far from a perfectionist... but at least i finished it, right? and it works,i mean, you can walk and play on it, what more can u ask:)
    gracias chica:)

    ReplyDelete