Search This Blog

05 February 2010

* flashback friday* :: Sergei's nursery!

Did Serge ever sleep in his crib? No, not really.  Did I ever change him on the changing table? Hmm...well, sometimes. But the couch was a more common spot i must admit.  But, as we all know the nesting instinct is a powerful one, and i wanted everything to be perfect.












I've had an obsession w/vintage baby and kids clothes for as long as i can remmeber.  In high school even, i would buy old terry cloth sleepers with strange elephants appliqued on the bum (just cause i couldnt bear to leave them once i laid my eyes upon them)and hunt for people with  babies to pass them on to... I know, weird.  So imagine my joy when i was actually gonna have one of my own tiny little fashion plates to drag around town in old levis,cardigans and band tees. (sick i know, i am not denying)


So, maybe i went a little overboard at the thrift stores. Accumulating a dresser and closet full before the birth. But let me tell ya, when this guy arrived, he was, for real the best dressed newborn this side of the Mississippi.

2 comments:

  1. I just love your blog! Your style is so interesting and you have a feeling of freedom about you that I wish I had. I'm far to uptight these days! tsk

    Visiting your pages was a lot of fun and I will hope to drop by again soon. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my pages too, I do appreciate it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Lucy

    http://toddlergirls.net

    ReplyDelete