Search This Blog

25 January 2010

scratch ravioli




Welcome to my kitchen.



What a fabulous night for you to drop by!
For tonight I am cooking, for my very first time, some delicioso spinach, beef, and ricotta ravioli.

Before we begin, i must let you know that i have decided to make it a tradition to share with you my apron of choice for each dinner/food blog i write. Tonights choice was a polka dotted #, with white pom pom trim, and heart pockets, one of my favorites i must say, thrifted many years ago, we've been through a bit together. (Please pay no attention to my sexy chicken legs and/or hairstyle.)









I found my recipe of the evening in this lovely food guide which i recently picked up in the "new books" section of our local library. "jam it, pickle it, cure it" is written by Karn Solomon, and definitely has some worthwhile recipes in it, if you have a few hrs to kill and are ready to embark on a food adventure.  I mean, she gives instructions on how to make your own marshmallows for gosh sake.

4 large eggs, 1 tsp salt, and the recipe called for 3.5 c all purpose flour. I used 1/2 unbleached 1/2 whole wheat and it turned out great.

1 onion,4 garlic,1 lb spinach,2 c ricotta,1 lb cooked hamburger 
+ 2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp sage for seasoning

This is where i really kinda just whung(sp?) it. 
Learned my lesson as i went along, and ran out of dough long before i ran out of filling.(Have a tupperware ready for next makin' in my freezer.)

1 egg beaten to brush on rolled dough to act as a sealant.




ok. this is just obscene.





wine/onion/tomato

Sqisheezin' the whole peeled tomatos just like the recipe tells me to.
This is the moment i wished i had chosen my full length school marm apron. SPLAT!

 (5-7 ish min in the pot)

And voila...
First batch. 
Ugly ducklings but they sure got good ratings on the johnandsergeometer.

Second batch...new and improved, more filling less pasta.




mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....



Thanks for stopping in. come again soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment